Using lemon & brown rice, you can make your own skin brightening scrub!
I’ve been using this a couple times a week, you wouldn’t believe how soft your skin feels after!!
*I don’t always use the lemon. The rice scrub is great on it’s own, too!*
Lemons are antibacterial so they help heal acne.
They also fade dark spots, help remove blackheads, & brighten your skin.
Brown rice has antioxidants & absorbs oil.
Lemons & brown rice are the perfect ingredients for a natural scrub!
What you need:
- Uncooked brown rice (you can use white rice but it doesn’t have as many vitamins/nutrients)
- Blender, rolling pin or mortar & pestle
- 1/2 lemon
What you do:
- Using a blender/rolling pin/mortar & pestle, grind rice until just before it becomes a powder. I use a blender… it’s fastest & requires no muscles, haha.
- Pour some of your powder onto a plate.
- You probably want to be in your shower for this next part!
- Dip your lemon half into the rice & gently exfoliate your body. If you’re doing this on your face, you want to start there first.
- Now is the time you will be made WELL aware of any cuts you have!
- When you’re finished, rinse off & pat dry.
- You want to make sure you moisturize since you’ve just removed a layer of dead skin. I love coconut oil… the smell makes me feel like I’m on vacation (; Drink a glass of water while you’re at it so you know you’re hydrated!
I like to grind about a cup of rice & then store it in an airtight container next to my shower.
I use it on it’s own almost every time I shower!
The trick is to pour the rice out instead of putting your hand in the container, that way no water or bacteria get into your powder.
Now go try this so you can have super soft skin, too!! (: