I’ve never made zucchini bread but since they’re in season I had some in my refrigerator. I was craving something sweet & I thought, “What the heck, I’ll try something new.” I didn’t really have high expectations but OHMYGOSH it was so good! I’m also sharing a little trick I do at the end to make it extra moist & delicious– Read on to see the zucchini bread recipe!
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 generous cups grated zucchini
- 1 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 2 bread pans (8x4)
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon in a bowl together.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil, sugar & vanilla until creamy.
- Pour in dry ingredients slowly until well mixed.
- Add grated zucchini & mix on low until it is well distributed.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick/fork comes out clean. Make sure you test both breads for doneness before removing, one of ours was ready before the other since they were in pans that were a little different.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes & cover with aluminum foil. This keeps the bread moist!
*Note: this is enough for 2 breads!*
There’s nothing like warm bread. It did not disappoint! Those 2 loaves were gone in no time, they didn’t stand a chance in this casa, haha. & it’s healthy… because there’s zucchini in it ;)
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our post on The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever.