If you’re looking for a healthy soup recipe that is easy to make & off the charts delicous, this one is it!!
I had absolutely no intentions of sharing this recipe but it’s SO GOOD I had to! I’ve been fighting a head cold for almost a week (pregnant + chasing a toddler + not feeling well = no bueno!) so I needed something extra healthy to give myself a boost in hopes of shaking it off! When I saw this I knew it would be the perfect, healthy recipe to try.
Turkey, Kale & Brown Rice Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 shallots (chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (& more as necessary)
- 15 oz diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 bunch of kale (chopped. (About 4 packed cups.) *I buy mine pre-cut/in a bag & I put in 4 generous handfuls.)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- Shredded parmesan cheese to sprinkle over your bowl. We only had mozzarella & it still tasted amazing!
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots, carrots, bell pepper & garlic. Saute until the vegetables begin to brown/soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and stir until fully cooked & slightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the Herbes de Provence.
- Add 4 cups broth, tomatoes and rice. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the kale and season with salt & pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan. ENJOY.
I really had no expectations for this soup– except that it was healthy, haha– & we were SO surprised how much we all loved it. It tastes like stuffed peppers in a soup! Hubby did add some red pepper flakes to his for some extra heat & Giovanni asked for seconds.. Consensus: Hubby + kid approved :) I hope you enjoy, thanks for stopping by!
If you liked this, you might like my Balsamic-Dijon Glazed Salmon Recipe!