Now that Gio is older I don’t carry a diaper bag with me unless I’m going to be away from the car for a long period of time (visiting at a friend’s house or doing some shopping at the mall). On quick errands I’ll throw wipes, a snack & his sippy cup in my purse & that’s it. The diaper bag remains in my car which means it’s one less thing to remember when I leave the house. I store it on the floor behind his car seat so it’s right there to grab if I need to. In it I have…
- Diapers, wipes & a changing pad—This is more for if I’m at someone’s house, otherwise I change Gio in the back of my SUV. I hate public changing tables because #1 I tend to be germophobic. & Gio tends to touch everything. & #2 I like to have room. I keep a towel in the back of my Explorer so I can lay it down & change him there instead. I know, I have issues lol.
- Tommee Tippee Insulated Tumbler– keeps drinks cold when we’re out for a while & they don’t leak– so many claim to be leak proof, but aren’t!
- Plum Organics Snack Pouches & Super Puffs– Our favorite snacks for on the go! We’ve also really been into the Rold Gold Honey Wheat Pretzels— Gio loves to gnaw on them when he’s teething!
- Munchkin Snack Catcher- Keeps most of the cheerios at bay. But not all of them. Haha.
- Sophie the Giraffe Teether– Sophie has always been a diaper bag favorite! The handles on it make it easy to hold & they’re bendy enough to get those hard to reach teething areas. When he’s not teething he still plays with it in his car seat.
- Munchkin Scented Diaper Bag Dispenser. Keep anything that would otherwise make your bag stinky… dirty diapers if you have nowhere to get rid of them right away, soiled clothes etc.
- Nail clippers
- Sunscreen- We live in Florida. This is a must!
- Book- “Time For Bed”… interesting choice for the diaper bag lol.
- Food stuff- plastic fork, spoon & bib
- Hand sanitizer
This is the back of my car where I keep his stroller & things to change him– diaper, wipes & towel. I used to have plastic bags in the rear cup holder for his dirty diaper but I used them up & never replenished. The colorox wipes I throw in his stroller for when we go out to eat so I can wipe down the table. Yes, I am THAT mom. I’m sorry.
I also keep a bag of “extras” in this cute chevron utility tote (gift from my mother-in-law) that fits perfectly between the seats. The orange thing is a shopping cart/high chair cover & I LOVE IT.
Here I have…
- Diapers- regular & swim
- Swim shorts/shirt
- Spare clothes & shoes
- A first aid kit
- More food pouches & snacks (pretzels, cheerios, etc) along with a snack keeper
- A light blanket
- Hand sanitizer
- Food stuff: sippy cup, bib, plastic utensils, & a roll up silicone tray for if we eat out.
- Infant Tylenol & syringe
- Books, toys & things to keep Gio busy while we’re driving (mostly musical instruments, haha)
- A grocery cart cover
So you’ve guessed it, folks. I’ve got everything but the kitchen sink in there! Having extras with me at all times makes easier for me to be spontaneous & flexible. There was a time I stayed the night at my grandma’s house unplanned & I had pretty much everything I needed. So there :P haha. I hope you enjoyed! What’s in your diaper bag?