Cooking a spaghetti squash-
What I use:
- Organic spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup water
- Small casserole dish
*The only method I have tried is in the microwave, it’s simple & it only takes about 10 minutes to cook, depending on the size of the squash.
Here’s what I do:
- Wash your spaghetti squash & cut lengthwise with a butcher knife. You will need your muscles for this one!
- Scoop out all of the seeds
- Place one half of the squash in a bowl/casserole dish & pour 1/2 cup of water into the squash (where the seeds would be). If your squash doesn’t lay flat it might help to slice a thin layer off of the bottom.
- Place the other half of the squash back on top & microwave. I usually start with 7 minutes first & see how it’s doing. When it’s done will depend on the size of your squash & the power of your microwave.
- Cook until it is tender/flexible. — USE AN OVEN MITT to squeeze it & check for doneness. Believe me when I tell you it will be very hot!!!
- When it’s done, go ahead & scrape the squash with a fork & put the “noodles” in a bowl.