Story of my life, haha. How about some double chocolate “brownie” cookies?
I made these a few days ago & I wish I discovered the recipe sooner! It’s simple & you don’t even need flour.
What you need:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Give a quick coat of nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar with cocoa powder & salt. Whisk in 2 egg whites & vanilla extract & beat just until the batter is moistened. You want a brownie-like, thick & fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white- then a 4th if it still seems too thick. (I used all 4 egg whites, but I wasn’t using large eggs.) Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto parchment paper. Bake about 14 minutes, until the tops are glossy & lightly cracked. Slide the parchment paper with the cookies onto wire racks to cool completely.
- It’s easiest to peel the paper away from the cookie since the cookies can be fragile. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I either made my cookies too big or I added a little too much egg because they spread out like this &
almost made one giant cookie, haha. #oops
Here’s a link to the recipe I used. Enjoy the chocolatey goodness!!